Foreign coursework evaluation

Foreign Coursework Applicants who have attended a foreign university are required to submit an official foreign evaluation from an approved Foreign Credentialing Service. Applicants will need to submit a course-by-course official foreign evaluation directly to the Office of Admissions. The evaluation will need to be mailed directly from the credentialing agency to the:

Foreign coursework evaluation

What does IES do to evaluate my academic work? Evaluations are based on original, primary research done by colleagues in the field of applied comparative education who have specialized knowledge Foreign coursework evaluation the educational systems of other countries; research compiled by specialists in this area; the placement recommendations approved by the National Council on the Evaluation of Foreign Educational Credentials; and evaluation and placement practices at higher education institutions in the United States.

The evaluation recommendations reflected in IES' evaluation report are in line with the general practices of knowledgeable university admissions offices and reputable foreign credential evaluation services in the United States.

Foreign coursework evaluation

In order to complete an evaluation, IES assembles a file including all your submitted documents. This file is assigned a unique identification number. An IES evaluator then examines the file and prepares a detailed report based on reference materials. The evaluator notes these resources in the report.

In some cases, the report will be a "basic" statement of comparability. In other cases, a more complete evaluation called a "course-by-course" evaluation is prepared. What is the difference between a basic and course-by-course evaluation?

The basic statement determines only the level of comparability between your foreign education and U. The course-by-course includes the comparability level of your education and lists each of your courses along with the equivalent U.

In most cases, a basic evaluation is suitable for employment purposes, university admission as a first year student or as a graduate student.

Foreign Coursework - Master of Science Physician Assistant (MSPA)

A course-by-course is usually needed for students transferring to U. You should inquire with the final recipient of the evaluation as to what type of evaluation they will need to receive.

Can IES evaluate any degree from any country? Yes, IES evaluators have extensive experience and can evaluate educational documents from anywhere in the world.

Is IES a U. No, IES is a non-profit membership organization of college and university admission officers, and registrars. Is IES approved or accredited by the U. There is no approval or accreditation by any organization of foreign education evaluation services.

Can IES approve or accredit my institution? IES does not accredit or approve institutions. The accreditation or approval process of institutions is one that originates in your home country by the Ministry of Education or other official accrediting or recognition body.

IES will indicate the status of the institution, based on our evaluator's research, a key feature of the evaluation. How much do I pay for an IES evaluation? How do I know which type of evaluation to request? Our offices are located in a building with limited public access open. Furthermore, our evaluators are not located in the Washington, DC office and are therefore not available to speak you about neither your credentials nor your evaluation.

Also, please feel free to call or email us with questions. Will IES give me transfer credit? Only educational institutions can award credit.

IES makes careful recommendations that an institution is free to accept or not, depending on its own policies but IES does not have the authority to grant credit s. Are there additional fees if I submit more than one transcript with my application?Foreign Coursework Evaluation If you have completed coursework outside the U.S., then you must submit your transcript(s) for evaluation to one of the services listed below.

They will in turn evaluate the individual courses and indicate whether each is considered undergraduate, graduate or professional. or a "course-by-course" evaluation (which includes a "document-by-document" evaluation) of your foreign education.

The cost of evaluating your foreign education is paid by the applicant. Foreign education (that is education acquired outside of any State of the U.S., the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, a Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands, or any territory or possession of the U.S.) must be evaluated by a credential evaluation service recognized by the U.S.

Department of Education in order to be. for individuals with foreign transcripts The Maryland State Department of Education does not have the resources to determine degree and course credit equivalencies from institutions outside the United States or to translate foreign credentials.

Course-By-Course Evaluation + GPA. Required for International Admission. The Course-by-Course provides a breakdown of all courses, credits and grades. International Programs Study Abroad Course Evaluation Please provide the requested information for each course taken at the foreign institution.

Use a separate form for each course you took.

VBOA education evaluation firms